Re: gnome miro community

Hi,

will kahn-greene wrote:
> Is it the case that anyone can use Gnome branding?

Absolutely not. Any commercial use of GNOME branding requires an
agreement. What Sven refers to as "fair use" is using GNOME brands to
refer to GNOME, or the GNOME community.

In this case, I don't think there would be any problem - the only
potential issues for brand reuse I can see there are including videos
not related to GNOME, or inappropriate for the GNOME brand. But then
Miro is not (yet?) a porn distribution network.

> That's great!  I'm not in any rush.  I'll just keep on keeping on for
> the time being.

There are a number of related resources like screencasts which would
also be appropriate for inclusion. This isn't complete, but it is a few
of them:

http://projects.gnome.org/accessibility/screencasts.html
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Screencasts
http://live.gnome.org/Accerciser#tutorials
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xaktya_gnomeshell-screencast_tech
http://showmedo.com/videotutorials/GNOME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLx4LiMtM4Y&feature=youtu.be&a

There are lots here:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=screencast+GNOME&oe=utf-8&rls=com.ubuntu:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=MjpXS5GGLMuv4QaP74i2Aw&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCMQqwQwAw#

> The only issue that exists right now is that short of a few dents and a
> blog entry from John (J5), I don't think there's been much mention of
> the Gnome Miro Community site.  I don't think many people know about it.
>  If the plan involves using Gnome Miro Community, the plan also needs to
> make the site more prominent.

Sounds like a plan.

Cheers,
Dave.