Re: Introductions

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 03:33 +0000, Luis Medinas wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Nelson Marques <07721 ipam pt> wrote:
> > Stormy,
> >
> >  Got it. Awesome stuff.
> >  I'm going to give you a contact of a national hardware manufacturer
> > which is supplying Laptops for students through the government (not the
> > cursed Magalhães).
> >
> >  Unfortunatly they use a national distribution called Caixa Mágica
> > (Magic Box, http://www.caixamagica.pt) which is focused on KDE. This is
> > sad, but it's the reality. Caixa Magica is built based on SuSE/openSuSE
> > sources.
> >
> This is not true, atm Caixa Magica is based on Mandriva and ships KDE
> for those laptops and GNOME for workstations on schools.
> Both Desktops are supported. I use myself Caixa Magica on a VM and
> it's based on GNOME 2.26 from Mandriva.
>
> Cheers
> Luis

You are correct, since 2007, I knew it as suse. Don't follow caixa
magica. I referred on laptops only on my post, commonly advertised as
"e-escolas" with cooperation with 3 legacy mobile companies. I am not
aware of such programs for schools. Besides donations I would assume
they work with local budgets? Not through mass stream student oriented
campaigns. Anyway thanks for the correction on Caixa Mágica (not my
fight).

NM