Re: Introductions

Hi,

I was triggered by this conversation as I have recently approached several companies to sponsor Guadec. One of the companies that declined, was Cap Gemini and I got some interesting feedback that relates to branding as well. They told me that large system integrators like themselves mostly do support and training on whole distributions like Ubuntu and Suse etc.

The marketing challenge with regard to branding would probably be then to associate one brand with another, like Intel has so succesfully done by having the 'Intel'inside ' logo on hardware and having joined TV commercials with software and hardware vendors.

Just felt like sharing this. Hope it's useful and hopefully I'll see the 'Gnome inside' logo flickering on my next mobile phone ;-).
regards,
Sanne, Guadec organisation

Nelson Marques schreef:
 Brian,

 I can provide some documentation regarding Brand Management if you
need. This is actually a complex subject. If you need help I can help
with it as well.

 There's a very good publication from Philip Kotler (currently the top
personality in Marketing) named "Brand Management", there is also a
chapter in "Marketing Management" (the bible of Marketing) which covers
some points.

 I have a large collection of books which I can share with whoever wants
to take a look.

 Meanwhile I'll just compile some stuff that I have from my university
which might be useful.

 Anything you need, just ask.

 Nelson.

 PS: I would assume GNOME is going to be taken as an "Umbrella brand",
correct?