Re: survey Friends of GNOME donors

At last, a topic that I can actually help with, rather than simply bike-shedding!

I teach marketing research, so I feel able to comment with a fair degree of background knowledge.  That said, there's nothing so tedious as a disagreement between experts (especially if they're academics).

Number one survey tip: don't include ANY question unless you really need it.

Example: Why on Earth would you want to know about the respondents demographic profile?  If you want to "get inside their head" ask them about their opinions, beliefs and feelings.

Unless you're going to use a variable to perform a meaningful analysis that will answer an important question (the answer to which is _actionable_) there is no point in including it.

Thus endeth the sermon.