Re: Become a friend of GNOME button

I agree with Andreas. It's true that we should want many people to put a
badge on their side, since it's a prerequisite to find more donors.

But to fix this, a prominent place for the link to the badges page will
not be sufficient. Just a small fraction of GNOME users will visit the
friends page, and of these, only a small fraction will have a blog or
webpage.

Therefore, we will need to "advertise" the badges page by other means,
anyway.

When the badges page will be ready, we could use

 - the GNOME Announce mailing list,
 - a planet.gnome blog (Stormy's, maybe?)
 - the GNOME frontpage
 - gnomesupport.org

to announce the badges program.

It will probably also be useful to send reminders via panet.gnome.org
every 6 weeks or so, since our main problem might not be a lack of
willingness to help, but procrastination.

Thus, I suggest to just put another headline under "Cooperate
sponsorship" with a small text and link and move on. Remember: You can't
optimize what you didn't measure. To get it the word out is probably
more important right now.

Best regards,
Claus