Re: Become a friend of GNOME button

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 17:08, Claus Schwarm <clschwarm googlemail com> wrote:
> I may be wrong, but it seems to me, Jaap has something different in mind.
> What about:
>
> (1) Moving Paul's "embedding code" to a separate page, say
> "wgo/friends/spread.html". At least the last two badges could also be used
> by everybody who wants to support the friends of GNOME program.
>
> (2) Offering different image sizes (standard ad sizes) so that they are more
> prominent and fit into other people's layout.
>
> (3) Linking the "friends/spread.html" page from the main friends of gnome
> page: "Are you running a blog or website? You can help GNOME also by
> spreading the word about the Friends of GNOME program."
>
> (4) Making an announcement of the new page (GNOME's main mailing list or a
> blog on planet.gnome.org). I guess not many people within the GNOME
> community know these badges exist.
>
> (5) Adding these badges where we can now: in the sidebar of live.gnome.org,
> in a new sidebar of the GNOME Journal, in the footer of planet.gnome.org, in
> the footer of gnomesupport.org/forums/, in the footer of bugzilla.gnome.org,
> etc..
>
> Later, we might be able to set up a separate (dynamic) infrastructure to
> serve these ads. Then, we could then switch announcements, maybe even track
> reactions. But there's no need to wait for that.
>
> Best regards,
> Claus

Claus you read my mind

I've now committed the code of Paul with a couple of minor changes in
the html to git. The page http://www.gnome.org/friends/thank-you.html
should show up soon I guess. I don't know how often the website is
synced from git (Anybody knows??)

One thing I changed is the "alt" tag of the image. I've put there
"Become a friend of GNOME". That way if you google on that exact
string you can get an indication of how many badges are on the web.

Jaap