Re: promoting good gnome apps via news.gnome.org

I think this is a problem that will have to be solved with all the distros in a room. Unless we come up with a solution that is so elegant end-users just use it.

Saying we shouldn't do an installer because each distro is different, is ignoring a user problem. apt-get and yum are beyond the average user that I think we are trying to target ... (If we ever want more than 10% market share, we can't count apt-get and yum as solutions. We also can't live in a world where you have to use multiple installers. Last time I installed something on Ubuntu, I used their installer and then got sent to synaptic.)

Stormy