Re: promoting good gnome apps via news.gnome.org

Actually, the original idea I had about this is to do away with our platform (eg the apps that make gnome.. after all the whole thing is a distro decision these days anyways)  Instead we would promote them via adsense and drive traffic to these apps thus using them as marketing tools.  That might make people work harder to get themselves into compliance in a particular niche.

Probably might be that this might not scale if there are a lot of apps out there or if there are competing apps and of course there is the money situation.  Anyways, something to think about.

In the mean time, this looks like a nice idea, Andreas.  (and why not Rhythmbox..)

sri