Re: Signing off our target audience (was Re: Example of targetted release notes)

I think we should define goals and encourage developers to take
responsibility for accomplishing them.  The developers participate
because they want GNOME to be great and help improve it.  We all have
a stake in what gets worked on, we just need the direction.

I suggest we come up with themes for each release and see what sort of
feedback we get from developers.  Surely they will have their own
ideas on what needs improvements, but we can help feed that pipeline.
Maybe even get a group of folks together and file enhancement requests
in bugzilla.  As marketers, that is our responsibility.

--Ken

On 3/26/07, Joachim <joachim gnome googlemail com> wrote:
On 3/26/07, Thilo Pfennig <thilopfennig foresightlinux org> wrote:

> Yes. True. But as GNOME is no company noone can tell anybody to do
something specific.

 Rubbish.
We need to get out of this 'nobody can tell anyone waht to do' mentality.
It's bad for us.

Plenty of volunteer organizations have managers, or have people telling
other people what they need to do.