Signing off our target audience (was Re: Example of targetted release notes)

On 3/15/07, Dave Neary <dneary free fr> wrote:
Targeting. The law of sacrifice.

Probably nobody feels too attracted to go again through the kind of
same debate we are having after each release.

Proposal to the Marketing Team (yes, upper case):

- Let's discuss, agree and sign off our target audience for the 2.20 release.

Once this is clear we can start avoiding a lot of debates,
concentrating in the ones that go towards our objectives.

My 2 cents to this discussion:

- Distros are one of our primary targets: they decide if they ship
GNOME or something else, and what GNOME components they pick and
support for their product.

- Regular end users are not one of our primary targets . They are
millions and we don't have the resources to reach them properly. Our
way to make end users happy is providing to the distros a GNOME
release full of happiness potential.

Do you agree with these 2 bits? What are you target & no-target audiences?