Re: Signing off our target audience (was Re: Example of targetted release notes)

Hi,

Gervais Mulongoy wrote:
> After reading this I must say that I am lost. I don't know what GNOME is
> anymore. I keep reading about KDE and they make sense. They _are_ doing
> something. They reach their audience and leave no one behind. They make
> progress with their software.

What in particular is confusing you?

> Anyways: promotion and outreach...Do you have some specific goals in mind?

Yes!

I'd like to make this map look healthier:
http://blogs.gnome.org/view/bolsh/2007/03/09/2

I want to make this map look better: http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWorldWide

I want to make sure everything on this list exists by the end of 2007:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/MarketingBofs/GuadecBof2006#head-e6446f0e78dfb007ae361e6f437b978d727de03a

In particular, these things need owners:
* Cheat sheets
* Calendar
* An OpenCD GNOME edition, as described here:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/GnomeOnWindows

I would like to see more articles on GNOME in tech magazines (and I'd
like to hear about more articles). I would like to see a list of
magazine editors and writers and journalists we know.

I would like to start a list of local government IT managers - these are
the people who decide about technical provisionment in local government.

I would like to have a list of GNOME software developers. I would like
to see us make contact with GNOME software developers and get some
feedback on the platform.

I would like to have a list of people who can/do give GNOME
presentations worldwide. I would like to have a list of those presentations.

Is that enough to get started?

Cheers,
Dave.

--