Re: RevampShowstoppers: reusing existing content

In most cases it's not about copy&pasting, but about retrieving some
sentences or data that are useful.

On 3/14/07, Gervais Mulongoy <gervais mulongoy gmail com> wrote:
 http://www.gnome.org/about/ goes to
http://gnome.jardigrec.eu/en/about

In fact it's Take the Tour. Could you throuw the relevant bits in the
most appropriate pages of this section? I will assimilate them to the
text.

 http://www.gnome.org/contact/ goes to
http://gnome.jardigrec.eu/en/about/contact

Not really. The Contact page cosists of a form plus some generic
recommendations to go through the contact channels: mailing lists,
iRC, support forums... See
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2007-February/msg00148.html

Perhaps the easiest now is to have the form only and move all those
contact details to a Contact/WhitePages page in live.gnome.org.

http://www.gnome.org/support/ goes to ???

We have a "Support" tab in the General nav bar linking to
http://gnomesupport.org/ . Aren't the contents of the wgo page already
there? If the wgo has something else useful we could add it to the
gnomesupport home.

http://www.gnome.org/about/why.html goes to
http://gnome.jardigrec.eu/en/take-the-tour/ and/or its
subpages

Yes there is something for Take the Tour (can you throw the relevant
texts there and I will assimilate them?)  But in fact it is in the Get
Started section where we have planned pages focusing on developers,
sysadmins, business... Some of these pages are still empty (their
one-page volunteer haven't sent any text) so these paragraphs could be
useful to start with something. In other cases it's about checking
that we don't loose a good idea or a nice sentence in the new
equivalent pages.

http://www.gnome.org/learn/ goes to
http://gnome.jardigrec.eu/en/get-started and/or its
subpages

Yes. In terms of new content and links most of the stuff overlapps
with the Why page.

http://www.gnome.org/press/ goes to
http://gnome.jardigrec.eu/en/about/press

The relevant content has been moved already, although the draft needs
still a lot of improvement.

http://www.gnome.org/community/ goes to
http://gnome.jardigrec.eu/en/about/local-groups but maybe a
community page is needed.

In fact the texts and links in this page are in most cases specified
elsewhere in wgo. The News & Reviews links can be listed in the Get
Started (or the Involved) and also as Press resources. The rest I'd
say is already mentioned in other pages.

Can you proceed and kill these pendings in the showstoppers, please?