Re: wgo footer designs

I like #4 as well. It has just a little more contrast than the rest of the footers, and I also find reading that page easier for some reason.  Maybe that is what we can do to figure out what works best: get a "focus group" ask them which page is easier to read, and how they feel about the clarity of the page, are they tired when they reach the end...questions like that...you know, weird psychological ones. Then we use some cryptic calculation and find that its really #4 that we all subconsciously like ;)

On 2/20/07, Máirín Duffy <duffy redhat com> wrote:
Quim Gil wrote:
> Let's choose one footer from
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/LooknFeel/FooterDesign to implement it.
> We are talking about look&feel, forget the actual elements in it.
>
> Simone thinks #1, I kind of prefer #7 but no strong opinion. I like it
> because of the simplicity.
>
> Let's discuss and decide one footer. We need at least one vote to
> decide between 1 and 7. In case of draw Máirín has qualitative vote.
> :)

I think 4 is kind of a combo of 1 and 7 fwiw. If it had to come down to
1 or 7 though, I feel that 7 would be a better choice.

I just changed the png files so they don't have the hugely unpopular
buttons anymore. :) It's hard though because I don't have a lot of
webspace and uploading images to moin seems broken on live.gnome.org, so
I had to delete the old versions. :(

~m