Re: GNOME 2.16 release notes

Hi, Brent!

Looks like a good plan. IHMO. I'll sent you the print dialog image with
a seperate mail, and also a slightly different index.wml

However, before you start: I had another look into the docbook-generated
pages, and found that we still have two "frontpages". The first one has
a headline "GNOME 2.16 Release Notes".

I'm sorry I didn't spotted this earlier but I didn't notice the
release-notes.xml file.

I have no problem with the headline -- the other one in the wiki is
maybe too much PR lingo -- but the rest of the text is wasting the
time and attention of the audience. This is the web: whoever reads the
release notes, he or she clicked a link to get to it first. They
know what the GNOME release notes are! Even if they have no clue what
GNOME is, the 'About' section is a simple click away.

Thus we should remove this stuff. The first page should be the first one
that we have in the wiki. I also wrote a (sort of) better beginning --
see the wiki.

Would you mind updateing?

Cheers,
Claus