Re: GNOME store

On Sat, 2006-10-28 at 19:04 +0200, Thilo Pfennig wrote:

> 1) I think certainly this must be integrated into the upcoming CMS.

This is the clear option when we have only one reseller. Having only two
already complicates a bit the process, but I guess is doable.

Another thing to be considered are the policies of the own resellers.
For instance, currently hackerthreads.com are selling GNOME
merchandising at
http://www.hackerthreads.com/items.asp?CartId={A645E360-D16F-441F-812C-C1AEVEREST55E12CF94}&Cc=GNOME&CatMoveby=0&Nbm=&Pbm=&FromNav=
(if link appears broken you can access via the http://www.gnome.org
homepage)

Could we negotiate with them to have the catalog in our pages and the
payment platform in theirs? Not easy.

BTW, what control de we have over the products sold by
hackerthreads.com? Can we tell them what to sell? Can we ask them to
update that logo?

> 2) What about internationalisation of the products. I mean it makes no
> sense to just have orders for US. And it also makes no sense to have
> redundant work to be done in every GNOME organisation. Anybody have
> thought about that?

We aim to have an international network of official resellers but we are
happy starting with one distribution point and grow as soon as new
resellers appear in other countries. We are starting with Killermundi, a
company based in Spain. We will try to offer decent shipping costs
across Europe, but it will be probably too expensive to ship to other
continents.

What do you mean with "redundant work to be done in every GNOME
organisation"?