Re: [Fwd: GnomeWeb 2.18 goals]

<quote who="Joachim Noreiko">

> > Those ideas never needed to be in opposition, but were pushed that way.
> > They are not mutually exclusive.
>
> Fair enough.  But then what's your objection? Using the projects.g.o
> subdomain?

Yes. It's unnecessary.

> > What's wrong with www.gnomesupport.org? There's no reason it can't
> > integrate with the new site design, implementation, infrastructure, or
> > all of the above.
>
> I think it's confusing to pop out of the gnome.org family of URLs.

For whom? Most people don't give a crap about URLs. They're strings of
meaningless crap. Phishing is a testament to that.

> Surely a completely different domain is even worse than a subdomain?

The content already exists there, working URLs, etc. Why move it? Making it
look, feel and work in a more integrated fashion is definitely worthwhile.
Shifting it wholesale to make the URL pretty is not.

- Jeff

    "Of course i can see iso-8859-1 characters, I'm French." - Christian
                                  Marillat