Re: [Fwd: GnomeWeb 2.18 goals]

--- Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:

> <quote who="Joachim Noreiko">
>
> Those ideas never needed to be in opposition, but
> were pushed that way. They
> are not mutually exclusive.

Fair enough.
But then what's your objection? Using the projects.g.o
subdomain?

> > > That doesn't have to imply Yet Another
> Subdomain.
> >
> > Ok, then let's stick it at wgo/support. But
> wgo/support is a general page
> > that points to forums, to irc, other support
> channels etc. So we're
> > putting it at wgo/forums?
>
> What's wrong with www.gnomesupport.org? There's no
> reason it can't integrate
> with the new site design, implementation,
> infrastructure, or all of the
> above.

I think it's confusing to pop out of the gnome.org
family of URLs.
Surely a completely different domain is even worse
than a subdomain?

Anyway, I don't fully understand some of the issues
involved, such as why it's bad to use subdomains, and
it's monday morning... I'll leave this to Quim to
answer :)