Re: [Fwd: GnomeWeb 2.18 goals]

<quote who="Joachim Noreiko">

> > This has already been discussed.
>
> IIRC, the outcome was the marketing wants snazzy pages that present parts
> of gnome, not necesarily single modules or apps, and module and app teams
> will throw a hissy fit if they lose their little corner of webspace. So we
> end up with a kludge, which is the story of OSS.

Those ideas never needed to be in opposition, but were pushed that way. They
are not mutually exclusive.

> > That doesn't have to imply Yet Another Subdomain.
>
> Ok, then let's stick it at wgo/support. But wgo/support is a general page
> that points to forums, to irc, other support channels etc. So we're
> putting it at wgo/forums?

What's wrong with www.gnomesupport.org? There's no reason it can't integrate
with the new site design, implementation, infrastructure, or all of the
above.

- Jeff

     "Linux is not like Novell, it isn't going to run out of money - it
              started off bankrupt, in a way." - Steve Ballmer