Re: Writing the 2.16 release notes (and press release)

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 12:09 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:

> > I've wondered whether we get decent exposure from the "What's new in..."
> > articles - they're definitely interesting for a section of the public
> > who already know about our software. But one thing I've missed is an
> > overview of the desktop (not a massive overview, but how people actually
> > use GNOME, and how the new stuff affects workflows. Screencasts fit in
> > nicely here. A full desktop overview would take far too long to be
> > considered for September, but perhaps for March?
>
> The GNOME Tour could do this, if anybody found the time to finish it:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2005-August/msg00148.html

Dave, I agree with what you're saying here.

Murray, thanks for reminding me of this. I started working on a tour
from a slightly different tack (more slide based, I wanted then to add
some manner of screencasting). I had been writing my own solution, but I
saw something interesting that Carl Worth was using for his Cairo talk.

It would be nice to get a tour as part of the "release notes".

--d

--
Davyd Madeley

http://www.davyd.id.au/
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA