Re: The relation with gnomefiles.org

At this point, I suggest a "high-level" cooperation of the two sites.
Lets start by aligning policies and appearance. We can go for tighter
integration after our first relaunch.
This is probably necessary to "blend in" with the other gnome sites.

I don't have any plans to change the CMS/looks or URLs of gnomefiles. It works very well as it is now (and with full mobile support), so I really don't want to change that. What I can do to blend in with the OSS community is to make more clear which apps are not OSS, to remove the ads and add your gnome-news feed.

I mean, I only need an XML feed from you guys, there's no reason to re-invent the wheel and go deep into work just for an RSS feed. ;)

I guess first we have to come up with some policy about what is
free/commercial/proprietary,

What I am going to do is simplify the non-Free apps to *only two* categories (that will show up in red and italics):
- Free to use, but not open source
- Commercial demo, but not open source
All the rest of the licenses that will show on gnomefiles will be OSS licenses, and so they won't be in red. This is the best way I can do it without screwing up with 1500 apps in the DB and changing them by hand.

Eugenia