Re: wgo revamp timeline (proposal)

On 7/7/06, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
> We've reiterated this "localized content" discussion over and over for
> several years, and the consensus has always been that official content
> on www.gnome.org should have translations, while localized content
> provided by local communities belong on other local community sites.
> There are any number of reasons for this decision. The most recent
> time this was reiterated was on GUADEC.

Understood.

> Is there something in particular about this decision that you dislike?

My only problem is that a local community cannot easily register and
host a domain name without a single point-of-failure/bottleneck, so, as
long as we are offering communities some local space, I'm fine with
that.

Good point, but I really feel that is an orthogonal problem to the
localization of the actual (and official) www.gnome.org content.

Christian