Re: Logo/image guidelines

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 15:42 -0400, Juan Carlos Inostroza wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 15:25 -0400, M��Duffy wrote:
> > Specifications like that would
> > make coming up with a GNOME project logo simpler, and the projects'
> > logos would have a unified look.
>
> Like I said, the gnome.org website :)

But the gnome.org website does not specify how additional text should be
incorporated into the logo at all. Should it go under the "GNOME"
beneath the foot? Would it go to the right of the logo & logotype? To
the left? Would the "GNOME" be taken out of the logo and just the
project name put in its place? What font should be used for the
subproject? What color for the text?

The draft guidelines in the wiki say "Avoid displaying the logo with a
different font" without actually identifying the font...

art.gnome.org has a different variation of the logo than the main
www.gnome.org site uses; it has a grey "badge" in the background. Also,
it has a paintbrush element added to the logo. If elements like that are
allowable in the logo, what size do they have to be? Do they always have
to be in the upper right? It doesn't even incorporate the text "art"
into the logo... which may be problematic for projects with more
abstract goals. Which version of the logo should be used for projects?

I think what's out there already on the gnome.org websites would be good
at informing more specific guidelines, but I think that the website
itself cannot serve as those guidelines.

~m