Pure?

<quote who="David Neary">

> So concentrate on simple, and pure.

How much do you think 'pure' resonates with, say, my Mum? Let's start from
the top: She doesn't understand or care about software freedom, and getting
her to use GNOME should not depend on that understanding. So, 'pure' as a
concept isn't that useful.

  "I came for the quality, I stayed for the freedom." - Sean Neakums

That's how people come to value software freedom. So it is on the aspects of
quality [1] that we must concentrate.

Cool is a quality. :-)

- Jeff

[1] VALUE! ... and i don't mean monetarily. What is the *value* of GNOME to,
say, my Mum?

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

   "The two [separate] UIs are both incredibly simple and don't even look
   like computer programs; they barely need menus. [When combined, they]
   suddenly look like software." - Havoc Pennington on 'software' design