Re: real marketing or just catchy slogans?

Hi,

Quim Gil wrote:
We have a great product and we should
make our already strong brand in a great brand people relate to
something they want to have.

Absolutely. We have a position, based on what we've been doing for the past 6 years. We now need to get communicating. We shouldn't forget the feedback loop, but we need to create awareness.

I became a GNOME user
because my geek friends were using and recommending GNOME. "Both are
free software but GNOME is more in the line of Debian and it's more
like... pure; KDE is also a good desktop and people like Linus Torvalds
use it, but it's more like... SUSE you know", they told me.

*This* is our position. Pure free software. Simple, honest, pure.

Others will say that we're the "serious" free software desktop. The more businesslike. Maybe that's true, but it's boring, and I don't want us to be boring.

So concentrate on simple, and pure.

Cheers,
Dave.

--