Re: another mild call for volunteers [was Re: made some release notes 'splash' changes]

On 8/28/05, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:
> <quote who="Luis Villa">
>
> > gnome.org/downloads (or maybe gnome.org/install or gnome.org/getgnome ?)
> > Should contain links to/brief explanation of: liveCD, davyd's footware,
> > list of sites like
> > breakmygentoo/http://rubberturnip.org.uk/rpms/usr-local-bin.php/etc.,
> > building from tarballs with garnome, and finally building from CVS with
> > jhbuild.
>
> Two comments:
>
>  a) Please use /start/ which is intended for this - no more mess!

Start and the release notes are a mess exactly because we are cramming
all these different, mostly unrelated functions into it- installation,
background information (which should mostly be in about/), release
notes, platform information, etc., etc. into it. Splitting out things
that aren't version dependent (like installation/download and
application information) and then linking to them will make it all
much cleaner, IMHO.

Luis