Re: another mild call for volunteers [was Re: made some release notes 'splash' changes]

<quote who="Luis Villa">

> gnome.org/downloads (or maybe gnome.org/install or gnome.org/getgnome ?)
> Should contain links to/brief explanation of: liveCD, davyd's footware,
> list of sites like
> breakmygentoo/http://rubberturnip.org.uk/rpms/usr-local-bin.php/etc.,
> building from tarballs with garnome, and finally building from CVS with
> jhbuild.

Two comments:

 a) Please use /start/ which is intended for this - no more mess!

 b) The per-version start pages are intended to fulfill almost all of the
 above functions (albeit summarised, but they shouldn't be), so rather than
 duplicating information that won't be updated, figure out some way of
 sharing it, or simply redirect.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

    "Python amazes me for its concision. The current prototype is all of
       900 lines of code, yet it contains a lexer, parser (recursive
       descent), core language interpreter, and parallelizing process
                      spawner." - Raph Levien on Rebar