Re: [libxml++] Dependencies

Allow me ...

I took approx a day playing around trying to get everything together to
make libxml++ and it's dependecies work on windows.
I failed. I compiled libxml with VS2005 to make sure it uses the same
runtime libraryies as our app. I also tried to do this with libxml++ and
it's dependencies and was not able to. My day to day work is getting
stuff to run under Windows and M$VS so quite obviously my strengths do
not lie with makefiles etc.
As I see it, it is a reality that developers under Windows do not in
general have the skills to make these thing work ad hoc.
So libxml2 made me go through one project to make a great xml-library
work -- fair enough!
Libxml++ would make me go through three projects for a C++ wrapper for
libxml2 ... Not worth the hassle. (At least with the amount of xml
support we need at the moment.)

Fair enough if you do not care about windows (that's my impression).
But don't tell me it's ""easily available for Windows."" because it is a
mayor headache getting all these dependecies into a windows app.

Cheers and
best regards
Martin Trappel