Re: [libxml++] sax_parser example: entity not defined

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 12:20, Murray Cumming wrote:
> There's just one bug that is bothering me before the API freeze:
>
> examples/sax_parser/example.xml defines an entity and uses it, but the
> example reports an "entity not defined" error. This also happens with
> libxml++ 0.24, so I don't think it has anything to do with our recent
> entity-parsing enhancements.
>
> Does anybody have any ideas? If not, I guess I need to try it in C.

As you know, I had been working on sax and entities some, and in October
submitted a patch to the tracker that partially addressed my ultimate
goal. I was never able to achieve the ultimate goal, but I figured out
quite some time ago one way to handle entity substitutions in SaxParser.
The patch on the tracker did not really make sense without the derived
SaxParser in my unposted example. I just posted a revised patch that
embeds this handling inside SaxParser proper. Note, it uses an empty
dummy Document to perform its magic. In any case, it does work, and it
is worth considering. The nice thing about using the dummy document is
that we leverage the facilities with libxml2 for entity resolution.
Check out the updated patch on the tracker and let me know what you
think.