Re: [libxml++] node iterators

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 04:20:48PM +0200, Christophe de VIENNE wrote:

> > I would still recommend removing the on_get_entity() callback until
> > someone figures out how to do it properly.
>
> what about current CVS version ?

I'm just looking at it. Disabling getEntity by default works nicely, if
anyone figures out how to do it correctly (or just has a kluge that
works well enough, as I did) they can override and enable the callback.

Putting my pedant's hat on for a minute I'd mention that the comments
say you must overload the callback, but this should be "override".
Overloading refers to reusing the name for a function with a different
signature, but to override a virtual you must be definition have exactly
the same signature (covariant returns excepted).
I've submitted a patch so I can sleep soundly at night.  ;-)

> > I did do most of the work to make the ctor take a bitset specifying the
> > callbacks to use, I could dig it out this weekend if you haven't done it
> > already.
> >

> I did it only for get_entity.
> About the other callbacks, Murray seems not much enthousiastic. Personnaly I'm
> not against so if a patch is almost ready I think it could be included.

I'll update my source at home and submit a new patch if it's complete
enough, then it can be included or not as you see fit.

jon

--
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone,
 but they've always worked for me."