Re: Pushing a large file to HTTP 1.0 clients without chunked transfer encoding

Hello!

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 9:48 PM, W. Michael Petullo <mike flyn org> wrote:
>>> I only know the final stream size when I don't have to transcode the
>>> stream. Right now I'd like to get the easy case working (i.e., when I do
>>> know the stream size).
>>
>>   You used the magic word "transcode" so now i am interested in what
>> you are doing. Could you disclose? Don't tell me you are also writing
>> a UPnP MediaServer. :)
>
> It is a DAAP / DPAP server. Information about dmapd is available at
> http://www.flyn.org/projects/dmapd/index.html.

  Thanks for the info. In case you are interested, here is my code
that does what you are looking to do:

http://svn.gnome.org/svn/rygel/trunk/src/rygel/rygel-seekable-response.vala
http://svn.gnome.org/svn/rygel/trunk/src/rygel/rygel-http-response.vala

There is another class that streams from a gstreamer source element
using chunked encoding:

http://svn.gnome.org/svn/rygel/trunk/src/rygel/rygel-live-response.vala

--
Regards,