Re: Pushing a large file to HTTP 1.0 clients without chunked transfer encoding

Hi!
   I am the developer of Rygel[1].

> I only know the final stream size when I don't have to transcode the
> stream. Right now I'd like to get the easy case working (i.e., when I do
> know the stream size).

  You used the magic word "transcode" so now i am interested in what
you are doing. Could you disclose? Don't tell me you are also writing
a UPnP MediaServer. :)

> Could this be a bug in libsoup? Is anyone else using
> soup_message_body_append () without using chunked transfer encoding?

   Not yet. right now i am only doing chunked encoding for live
streams and simple one-time push for non-live streams, however it was
in my today's todo list. I'll let you know if i get to make it work
without any issues.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)