Re: Pushing a large file to HTTP 1.0 clients without chunked transfer encoding

W. Michael Petullo wrote:
> This is what I am trying. I already had the chunked encoding working
> previously. I tried removing "soup_message_headers_set_encoding (...,
> SOUP_ENCODING_CHUNKED)" and adding
> "soup_message_headers_set_content_length (...)." Something is not working
> right, though. Once I made this change, the file provided by the server
> was received corrupted.

Hm... I've definitely fixed a few bugs in that code since the APIs were
first added. What version of libsoup are you building against? The
latest stable release is 2.24.3.

What sort of corruption are you getting? Can you get a tcpdump or
something? (or just "curl -i" or "curl -v" output)

I thought gvfs was using soup_message_body_append() with content-length
encoding, but it looks like it's not currently. So it's possible that no
one else is doing this. I'll try adding some code to tests/chunk-test.c
to test this case.

-- Dan