Re: [sigc] GTK+ and C++ member function for callback function?

Phong Cao <phngcv gmail com> writes:

> BTW, do you guys have any wrapper for GtkMozEmbed? Is there anything that I can
> use instead of it? I just want to embed a browser window into my application
> and I don't know how to embed GtkMozEmbed into Gtkmm app?

I suggest subscribing to the gtkmm mailing list for such questions.

Regarding your original questions, maybe my experience is useful.  When
I was a fledgling C++ programmer I wrote a gtkmm based GUI.  Besides
finding it accessible for a new C++ (but old C) programmer, it helped
teach me a lot of the "C++ way" of doing things.  It was such a strong
influence that when I was later forced to use an inferior GUI for a
project I partially grafted sigc++ on to it to replace its string based
signal/slot mechanism.  It was an improvement but it took a lot of work
and in the end was still not as satisfying as gtkmm.

Luck,
-Brett.