Re: [sigc] GTK+ and C++ member function for callback function?

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Phong Cao <phngcv gmail com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I am familiar with GTK+ and new to libsigc++. I just want to ask you guys if
> there is a way to use libsigc++ to connect a GTK+ function with a callback
> function which is a member of a class. Consider this code:

(1) why not use gtkmm?
(2) sigc++ signals are not even remotely related to GTK signals.
(3) you cannot connect C++ object member functions to GTK signals directly
(4) inventing a way to do it indirectly implies reinventing one of the
core parts of gtkmm.

> I thought about using Gtkmm instead of Gtk+ a long time ago but the only
> Gtkmm tutorial available is in the Gtkmm main website and it is so
> confusing.

if you find the basic idea of gtkmm confusing you should probably not
be programming in C++, or at least not trying to write a GUI app in
C++.

what did you find confusing about it?