Re: [sigc] GTK+ and C++ member function for callback function?

Thank you Paul for the quick reply,

I know this might sound stupid but... I think I am going to try gtkmm again. After receiving email I myself have taken a look again at the gtkmm tutorial and found it not that difficult to understand. I guess when I first started programming in gtkmm last year I did not understand about C++ as deep as present, which scared me away. But after weeks of being stuck with my software I think I better switch to gtkmm. I have even tried to write my software in raw C/GTK+ code but it was kinda ugly...

BTW, do you guys have any wrapper for GtkMozEmbed? Is there anything that I can use instead of it? I just want to embed a browser window into my application and I don't know how to embed GtkMozEmbed into Gtkmm app?

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 9:00 PM, Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Phong Cao <phngcv gmail com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I am familiar with GTK+ and new to libsigc++. I just want to ask you guys if
> there is a way to use libsigc++ to connect a GTK+ function with a callback
> function which is a member of a class. Consider this code:

(1) why not use gtkmm?
(2) sigc++ signals are not even remotely related to GTK signals.
(3) you cannot connect C++ object member functions to GTK signals directly
(4) inventing a way to do it indirectly implies reinventing one of the
core parts of gtkmm.

> I thought about using Gtkmm instead of Gtk+ a long time ago but the only
> Gtkmm tutorial available is in the Gtkmm main website and it is so
> confusing.

if you find the basic idea of gtkmm confusing you should probably not
be programming in C++, or at least not trying to write a GUI app in
C++.

what did you find confusing about it?