Re: [LaTeXila] [ANNOUNCE] LaTeXila 2.6.0

On Sun, Oct 07, 2012 at 09:51:05PM +0200, Bernd Prünster wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On 10/07/2012 05:12 PM, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
> >xdg-open is no longer used. It was used for the $view placeholder in the
> >build tools, but $view is deprecated now, there is normally a warning in
> >the terminal if $view is still used.
> >
> >Instead, the gtk_show_uri() function is used, which is the preferred way
> >to open files. I use Xfce, and when Nautilus is installed it still works
> >correctly (with Fedora 17).
> >
> >Does the bug occur with gtk_show_uri() too?
>
> I just know that it happens with LaTeXila, so I guess yes.

AFAIK, LaTeXila doesn't do something special apart from getting the URI
of the file to open and pass it to gtk_show_uri().

If needed, I can quickly write a small program that open a file
specified on the command line argument and use gtk_show_uri() to open
it, to see if the bug comes from gtk_show_uri().

If you file a bug on the bugzilla it will be easier to follow.

But most probably, anyway, it seems a configuration problem (it doesn't
seem impossible that mixing GNOME and Xfce configurations can give
unexpected results).