Re: [LaTeXila] [ANNOUNCE] LaTeXila 2.6.0

Hi!

Nice work!
I just updated the arch linux package and I have one question: How can I disable vala so only the c sources are compiled. This is important, because if vala is installed but the version is too old, configure complains and latexila will not build. I worked around it by exporting ac_cv_path_VALAC="" but that does not look pretty. What's the correct way of doing this?

I also have a suggestion: Let the user choose what helper (exo-open, xgd-open, gnome-open, ...) should be used to open files, because xgd is somewhat buggy if one uses nautilus form within xfce resulting in all files being opened in nautilus. As long s this bug persists, an option to define a helper would be very welcome since the only way to work around this annoyance in the current release is to create custom build commands and disabling the built-in ones (resulting in broken keyboard shortcuts).

best regards,
Bernd