Re: [LaTeXila] Bug in Ubuntu Beta Builds?

Le mardi 10 janvier 2012 à 23:18 +0100, Philipp Specht a écrit :
> Hello
>
> On 10.01.2012 23:04, Matthieu Baerts (matttbe) wrote:
> > This is really strange... But how did you compile it? With which
> > cmake flags? Did you only use '.c' files or did you translate
> > '.vala' files to '.c' files?
> I used the simple install procedure proposed in the tarball's INSTALL
> file: cmake; make; make install.

Just to be sure, can you try with this cmake flag? -DWITH_GNOME=ON

> As for Vala, I'm not sure which package is needed here, since none
> seem to be installed on my machine.

Vala (valac) is only needed to translate .vala files. (LaTeXila source
code is written in Vala and .vala files are converted to .c files in
order to be compiled)

> Could a simple missing dependency
> be the cause of that segfault? If so, why does the version I compiled
> myself work just fine?
>
> > Do you still have warnings messages if you launch LaTeXila from a
> > terminal?
> None

This is strange...
I think the backtrace and GTK warnings seem to say that this crash is
due to an error with GTKSourceView but I don't understand why you don't
have this crash with your compiled version... Except you've 'unofficial'
packages but it seems it's not the case.
Or maybe a wrong installation? (because I've tested this package on a
computer with Ubuntu Oneiric and it works fine). Can you also try to
reinstall it?