Re: las-gnome GNOME Foundation Sponsorship for LAS GNOME 2017

Hi Allan and the Board,

I'm writing to let you all know that, unfortunately, we won't be able to hold LAS GNOME this year. We were ready to put down the money to reserve the space, when the person who was helping us left Stanford, and the new person informed us that we would not be able to use the space after all. Over the past few days, we looked into finding another space on campus, but there weren't any that met our requirements.

Since our go / no-go day was technically last week, we've decided that it'll be best to hold LAS GNOME next Spring. We are meeting this week to come up with suggestions for how to plan next year's event, including recommendations around the bid / planning process, and any new requests we may have for the Board.

This email is just meant to give the Board a heads up before we announce things more widely over the next few days. We'll also be talking about the potential for a North American Summit outside of LAS GNOME (though I don't think it'd happen this year either), and/or hackfests that might fill more immediate needs.

Please let us know if you have any initial questions.

Best,
Nuritzi