las-gnome GNOME Foundation Sponsorship for LAS GNOME 2017

Dear LAS GNOME Team,

Following a bid that was submitted by Nuritzi Sanchez, the GNOME
Foundation Board of Directors has approved LAS GNOME to go ahead for
2-5 November at Stanford University.

We have also approved $4,000 of GNOME Foundation funds to be spent on
the venue. Note that this is just for the venue - if further funds are
required, there will need to be a separate decision.

Going forward, you might want to consider how LAS GNOME can be more
closely aligned with the event's stated goals, to encourage the growth
of the application ecosystem. In particular, planning further ahead
and having a target list of participating organisations could be
beneficial.

Additionally, while it is not your sole responsibility, we would
encourage you to think about how we can have a broader event for the
GNOME community in North America. This could be a separate to LAS
GNOME, or it could possibly be co-located with it.

On behalf of the GNOME Foundation, I'd like to thank you all for your
work. LAS GNOME is a fantastic initiative and we are grateful for your
efforts!

Yours,

Allan Day
--
Vice-President, GNOME Foundation Board of Directors