Re: las-gnome budget v3

On 1 Aug 2016, at 11:59 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, here is the updated numbers

sri

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 11:39 PM Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 10:25 PM Adelia Rahim <adeliarahim gmail com> wrote:

2) Registration income in best case ($50) and expected case ($20); I assume these are “registration fee” that we set? and in the worst case, registration is “free”? Unclear.

Hmm.. in this version there should be no registration income at all.

I wasn’t sure what we settled on at the end. I remember you and Teresa mentioning maybe having some fee is better vis-a-vis impression… anyways, in my opinion, a $20 registration fee is reasonable and not as prohibitive as $120. Also I wonder if it is okay if we say “donation” but we have a “pre-set” minimum donation amount of $20. Is that a thing?

Same goes for best case, looking at the budget, we assume 130 people donated $50 each… seems like super-best case for me :) I think it is okay to say for best case we get to charge registration fee of $50, expected case registration fee of $20 and worst case free registration.

Though this of course has to be consistent with what we are proposing to the board… if we are asking them, “we are going to take away the registration fee completely, is the board okay with this? is this an option for us?” If that is the case, maybe the “expected” case shouldn’t show any income at all be it registration or donation. Do you get what I mean? Hope I am not confusing everyone.

3) Beverage service estimation for best case and expected case is unclear.

So, this is where things are kind of tricky because it depends on how many people.  So it is $4 per person per day which is pretty cheap.  So if you have 50 people, it is $200.00.  The price changes based on how many poeple come, so if best case is a full house which is 160 people then you pay 160x4.  So sometimes that bit is nebulous.   I could say for each of the cases how many people are coming?  Would that help clarify?

I see. I still couldn’t tally the number of pax of that with the one on top in donations line e.g. best case, 160 vs 130. 160 is 150 + 10 volunteers? and we assume only 130 out of the 150 registrants donate? likewise for the expected case… am i looking at this the right way?