Re: Clutter C API to Gjs and Clutter Mesh

Hello Emmanuelle,

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
hi Alex;

On 13 August 2012 16:19, alex diavatis <alexis diavatis gmail com> wrote:
> I have some issues to translate Clutter API to Gjs
> for example:
>
> var mycontainer = new Clutter.Actor();
> mycontainer.set_layout_manager(?); And here I want to set a Box Layout. I
> can't make it work.

doesn't:

  mycontainer.set_layout_manager(new Clutter.BoxLayout());

work for you?

Yes it works, I was trying  mycontainer.set_layout_manager(new ClutterLayoutManager(...));
Thank you for that.

> In some functions Gjs work, in other doesn't. I cannot understand how
> introspection works. I make some dummy work arounds, but this is not a
> solution :)

you can use the C API reference, but there is some work going on to
create simple tutorials for _javascript_ developers using the GNOME
platform:

  http://developer.gnome.org/gnome-devel-demos/unstable/beginner.js.html.en

they are a work in progress, and help is welcome.

These are great, I will print these and let people know, great documentation a bit hidden thought :(
However I don't fancy GTK, I ll try to make some samples with MX widgets and upload them in GitHub.

> More over as there isn't a Clutter ML

there is, just not on gnome.org:

you want clutter-app-devel-list (to which I set the Cc:).

Thank you, I didn't know that.

> I ask here, Can I import Mesh from
> 3DMax? 3ds or lwo?

no, but you can use the Mash library to import PLY files from Blender:

  http://wiki.clutter-project.org/wiki/Mash

though you may need some tweaks to the library to cope with the latest
API in Clutter.
Thanks!

ciao,
 Emmanuele.