Re: gmail plugin: display all contact data -- integrate patch?

On 27/01/11 21:51, Stefan Otte wrote:
I just want to summarize it to make sure I understand everything.

GoogleContact should be a EmailContact (inherited) with an image an an
additional 'type' (or the type should be part of EmailContact). By
inheriting from EmailContact the 'email actions' are valid for
GoogleContact as well.

Because Google's contacts offer much more than just email the gmail
plugin should also create leafs like

   PhoneContact(ContactLeaf) - for all home/fax/work phone numbers
   SmailContact(ContactLeaf) - for work/home/other addresses
   IMContact(ContactLeaf) - for IM contacts,

or use the already existing ContactLeafs in obj/contacts.py. By using
the same 'name' the different contacts get grouped. Right?

Does this mean that get_contacts() in the gmail plugin should create
different ContactLeafs (Phone*, IM*, etc) and return these to the
GoogleContactsSource?

Btw: I think a more appropriate name for GoogleContact would be
GoogleEmailContact. GoogleContact rathe sounts like something that
contains all the google contact data. So I'm suggesting a rename.

That's my understanding.

I hope to get some time tomorrow to do a little work on it.

I'm not going to name it SmailContact though. :)

Cheers
   Adi

I'm really excited to see this plugin making progress!
  Stefan
 From your explanation I would expect to have a Leaf in my index
called 'Work email' which I can navigate into have all the work
emails of my contacts listed. This is not the case. If I activate
kupfer and type work email I just get a the option to large type the
text.
After this, you should have one leaf for each contact "name". When some
contact have two or more addresses, they will be visible as sub-leaves.

class ContactDetails (ContactLeaf):
[...]
And use this to keep additional information (yield this objects in
source). I check this for simple example and seems to work ok. Of
course this class may be extended or maybe there should be separate
class for phones, addresses etc.
This is basically what I have been thinking of doing, wafter reading
your mail.
I thinking about this and I almost sure, that we should have something
like:
PhoneContact(ContactLeaf) - for all home/fax/work phone numbers
SmailContact(ContactLeaf) - for work/home/other addresses
IMContact(ContactLeaf) - for IM contacts, but for existing (Jabber,
Skype) you should use already created classes.

Regards,
Karol