Re: Saving data after each action

2011/2/28 Ulrik Sverdrup <ulrik sverdrup gmail com>
I'll just mention this first -- kupfer exits gracefully as long as
it's not forcibly killed (X dies), so sending the TERM signal is
enough at logoff (killall kupfer) and you will be fine!
This is definitely true, but there are two occasions where Kupfer still might lose data: one is my logoff method which is simply killing all tasks, the other is a crash, not necessarily in Kupfer, but in X for example. So, I really vote for periodic saving.

I've been away from Kupfer for some time and I'm looking at it now --
there are lots of bugs and suggestions reported.
Welcome back. Do you intend to continue working on Kupfer? I can only speak for myself, but for me Kupfer became the primary shell for doing things on my destkop. Thanks for it!

Saving data periodically is good I think, but I'd prefer to save only data and
skip the ugly caching method (Triggers and Favorites use the data
method and the clipboard uses only the caching method, since we judged
clipboards are not important data. That should probably change).
I am now using Anamnesis for clipboard history [1]. It would be nice to have that functionality in Kupfer.

[1] http://anamnesis.sourceforge.net/