Re: Saving data after each action

On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 20:44:39 +0100
Karol Będkowski <karol bedkowski gmail com> wrote:

> 2011-02-14 22:42:15 SanskritFritz <sanskritfritz gmail com>:
> >I often favorite actions, I use the clipboards plugin, and set
> >triggers. The problem is, that Kupfer only saves the session when
> >exiting gracefully. Now my logoff method is sadly brutal (working on
> >it), so it kills Kupfer on logoff if I forget to exit Kupfer first,
> >thus I lose new data that Kupfer has not saved yet. Could it be
> >possible to save more often, say, after each action perfomed?
>
> Hello,
> IMO saving data after each action is unnecessary.
> You can try attached patch - configuration (learned data and plugin
> configuration) is saved when periodic update task is finished.

Beautiful, thank you, this is exactly what I desired for! This
is actually also useful in an event of a crash, so I think this could
go mainstream?

On the side note, I can see this message in the stdout:

[kupfer.ui.session] SessionClient: Warning: Not able to connect to
current desktop session, please Quit before logout to save kupfer's
data.

I'm using standalone compiz started with startx. How can I create this
desktop sesssion? What is it?