Re: Clipboard Proxy objects

2011/4/26 Karol Będkowski <karol bedkowski gmail com>:
> Hello,
>
> 2011-04-24 16:34:22 Ulrik Sverdrup <ulrik sverdrup gmail com>:
>>The question is: Is it important to keep only the clipboard history in
>>the "Clipboard" subcatalog, or should the proxy objects also be inside
>>the same catalog? Especially since Karol has been exapnding the
>>clipboard history features, I'm wondering if you Karol has an opinion
>>about that?
>
> I'm not sure is keeping all of these objects in one subcatalog is a good
> idea. For text objects (like selected text or last command) it make sense.
> But putting to the same catalog also "selected file" or leaves related
> to windows - I'm not convinced.
>
> History of selected files, history of recent commands, etc may be very
> useful feature. But IMHO this should be separate subcatalogis.
>
> Best regards,
> Karol

Hm ok. As currently implemented, there are only
3 extra objects, ‘Selected Text’, ‘Clipboard Text’
and ‘Clipboard File’  in the clipboard history
subcatalog. So at the moment we don’t save any
history for other clipboards than text.

This is what exists in current master in fact. How
does it work?

Also btw, I would like to merge in the user actions
plugin as it will probably be useful to a lot of
people. But I wonder if we can’t make the
configuration storage simpler. For one thing, it
should be able to store “simple composed objects”
like the current source configuration scheme does
(Used by Triggers and Favorites).. that means.. you
can save arbitrary nested simple types (dict, list,
unicode).

-ulrik
-ulrik