Re: Kupfer: "Go To" vs. "Launch again"

2010/8/6 Matt Feifarek <matt feifarek gmail com>:
> I LOVE Kupfer. Thanks!
> I would like to switch the default verb for an application that is running
> (or believed to be running) to 'Launch again' from 'Go To'.
> Why? Well, first, "Go To" doesn't seem to understand multiple workspaces
> (desktops) so it doesn't work lots of the time for me (choosing go-to
> results in no action). Also, Kupfer gets confused: I have 4-5 different
> profiles in Gnome-Terminal, each mapped to a different .desktop launcher,
> and it cannot distinguish between them. Thus, if I have terminal "A" opened
> locally, but want to quickly launch another terminal "B" with ssh session to
> another server, Kupfer /thinks/ that I already have B open, probably because
> both .desktop files refer to gnome-terminal.
> So, can I do this in the config file?
> Also, thanks to Nasser Alshammari for the new icon; it's nice. However, the
> indicator panel image stands out on current flavors of Ubuntu themes...
> which all have a sort of monochrome look. I can make a variant for current
> Ubuntu themes, if Mr. Alshammari doesn't mind.

Thank you for your praise of Kupfer!

I think you are mentioning a real issue. The big solution would be to
do something like Quicksilver -- provide a full re-ranking preference
pane for all actions.  We absolutely have some problems around
application matching but specifically terminals is the common odd case
among the others. Application matching is just good enough and nothing
more (and Linux has the problem of no first-class application
objects).

One random idea while writing this email would be an added action for
application launchers such as your terminals, simply "Always open this
again" or "Turn this program into a script" or something like that. As
usual, solving the problem within Kupfer's system of actions and
objects is usually the simple solution (and should be the easiest for
people used to Kupfer).

Also, it has been wished for a stylized/simplified kupfer icon for the
notification area before; contributions are welcome.

Ulrik