Re: Added (configurable) close on lost focus support

2010/8/7 Grigory Javadyan <grigoryj ovi com>:
> Hello,
> I was searching for gnome-do alternatives and stumbled upon kupfer today. I really liked it except for one thing: the main window wouldn't close upon losing focus. That was a showstopper for me. I looked at the project's launchpad page and saw that some people actually requested this feature. I liked Kupfer so much that I decided to implement it. So I went to github, forked the project and did it!
> The changes are basically the following:
> * Added a new configuration parameter, "closeonunfocus" in the settings module
> * Altered browser.py to (dis)connect the focus-out-event signal to/from _close_window upon startup/ settings modification
> * Changed the preferences.ui file so that you can choose whether to enable "close on unfocus" from the preferences dialog.
> My kupfer's fork is located here: http://github.com/10098/kupfer
> You can treat this e-mail as a pull request  :)

Hi!

Thank you for this contribution!

This looks good, I can include this with the following change:
simplify and put the new checkbox inside "Interface" instead of its
own subheading "Behavior".

This functionality also comes with a caveat: Pressing the trigger keys
of a Kupfer Trigger will be treated as a loss of focus and Kupfer will
close. At this point I think we can accept that but Kupfer can be
improved to ignore it in the future.

I can merge your changes in manually, but I can't pull from your
repository if you don't have git author data and commit log messages
(and commits) in a publishable state.

http://kaizer.se/wiki/kupfer/Manual/#guidelines-and-policy

Ulrik