Re: [jokosher-devel] Two Questions

On 1/25/07, Laszlo Pandy <laszlok2 gmail com> wrote:
2) The "Instrument" menu in the main menu bar was originally added to
try and make it easier to find out how to import audio files. This has
since been solved by the new "Add Audio File" toolbar button, but this
instrument menu also makes a good place for the "Change Instrument Type"
function (the "Remove Instrument" is just a duplicate of Edit -> Delete).
The problem with this menu is that it is context sensitive, and the menu
items inside it are only set to be sensitive when an instrument is
selected. Surely we should have these functions available from somewhere
else than just the right-click menu for accessibility reasons, but is
there a point in having an entire context sensitive menu in the menu bar?

Sorry to weigh in late on this.

I personally think we should remove the Add Audio File toolbutton icon
- the toolbar needs to have as few icons as possible for clarity, and
I would suggest that it is un-needed. I think we should keep the
Instrument menu and put in there functions for the currently selected
instrument:

- Add Audio File
- Mute
- Effects

I am sure other instrument relation functions will be added to
Jokosher in the future too.

 Jono