Re: [jokosher-devel] Two Questions

On 1/25/07, Laszlo Pandy <laszlok2 gmail com> wrote:
1) I added an "Add Audio File" button to the toolbar which allows you to
select a file and adds it to a newly created instrument. This is because
many people have difficulty figuring out how to import a file when first
using Jokosher.
My question is, what icon should we use for this button? We are
currently using gtk stock open, but that is also used for open in the
file menu.

The import audio icon.

2) The "Instrument" menu in the main menu bar was originally added to
try and make it easier to find out how to import audio files. This has
since been solved by the new "Add Audio File" toolbar button, but this
instrument menu also makes a good place for the "Change Instrument Type"
function (the "Remove Instrument" is just a duplicate of Edit -> Delete).
The problem with this menu is that it is context sensitive, and the menu
items inside it are only set to be sensitive when an instrument is
selected. Surely we should have these functions available from somewhere
else than just the right-click menu for accessibility reasons, but is
there a point in having an entire context sensitive menu in the menu bar?

I'd remove the import audio entry from the Instrument menu (since it's on Project now, and it's clearer).
About the two remaining actions (change type, delete), maybe we can integrate them in the instrument lane area.

Laszlo